The Community of Democracies offers university students and recent graduates the opportunity to spend three to six months working on real projects at the cutting edge of democracy, human rights and diplomacy at the Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies in Warsaw, Poland.
Successful candidates will join a diverse and multicultural team that plans and implements activities linked to transitioning democracies and actors defending their rights. Over the course of the program, interns will be thoroughly engaged with the work of the Community, supporting our experts, helping manage international projects and promoting the values of the Warsaw Declaration.
Interns play an important in the Community’s work. As a member of the Permanent Secretariat, you can expect to be involved in the following types of tasks:
- Conducting research and analyzing issues associated with democracy and human rights
- Reviewing or editing documents and diplomatic notes
- Contributing to the development of strategic plans, concept notes or project proposals
- Organizing conferences, panel discussions and roundtable discussions with external partners
- Monitoring social media and drafting content for Twitter or Facebook
- Providing input and contributing to the organization’s communication channels
- Attending events on behalf of the Permanent Secretariat
- As passionate as we are about the values contained in the Warsaw Declaration and committed to supporting democracy and protecting human rights around the world
- University student or recent graduate with top marks
- Demonstrated interest in democracy, diplomacy, international relations, human rights, civil society, gender equality, diversity, women’s rights and politics
- Professional fluency in English (additional languages are an advantage)
2018 Internship Terms and Deadlines
|Cohort||Internship Dates*||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2018||March – June 2018||15 February 2018|
|Summer 2018||June – September 2018||1 May 2018|
|Fall 2018||September – December 2018||1 August 2018|
*Exact start dates will be coordinated with incoming cohort.
When applying for the internship, candidates are asked to send the following documents to email@example.com with desired Cohort + INTERNSHIP in the email subject line:
- CV WITHOUT PHOTO*
- Letter of motivation (one page)
*Please note that any applications containing an applicant photo WILL NOT be considered.
All documents must be in English. The internship is unpaid.